Saturday, June 26, 2010

My son's eczema isn't clearing up with Desonide cream?

My son is 4 years old. He gets scab looking rashes all over his leg or legs only in the summer time. Right now it's all over his right leg and now spreading to one of his arms and his stomach. The Desonide cream that the doctor gave me isn't working. What else can help with a child's Eczema? What should I do? I'm thinking I should make an appointment with the doctor right away on Monday morning.My son's eczema isn't clearing up with Desonide cream?
yes make the appointment, and the doctor can give you a different steroid cream.





ask the doctor about not bathing the child for a few days - i know it sounds gross but ive seen children's eczema clear up amazingly with it!My son's eczema isn't clearing up with Desonide cream?
I've used hydrocortisone cream as a standby since I was in kindergarten. It does the job and you don't have to go to the doctor for it, you can get it OTC. Just start with the mild stuff first (.5% solution).





But you can go to the doctor still. They will give you something stronger if the rash is severe, usually they'll prescribe an ointment (which is ANNOYING when you've got the itches but it's better). Sometimes, you might even score some free samples to try out!





Something that helps during these hot summer months, make sure his bath water isn't too hot (cool is best) and try using a soap-free cleanser like Cetaphil since soap can irritate the rashes. I don't know if this is the case with your child, but my eczema is sometimes aggravated by my diet. Tomatoes, wheat, and chocolate are my triggers (spaghetti irritates me big time but it's just so filling and delicious lol). Try to see if you notice any flare ups after he eats certain things.
My first daughter had it when she was younger, but it went away by the time she was four. My third child has it so bad that she had to go on prescription strength cream to tame it. Try asking your doctor if he would consider letting you try a cream called ';Triamcinolone';. It's possible that if you use it too long it could possibly lightly bleach his skin, but it was my last choice for my daughter and she immediately feels relief when I put it on her. I know it's miserable for him. Maybe you could try hydrocortisone until you can get him to the doctor. =)
Eucerin. It's expensive but just lather it on real well after baths and if the eczema is real bad lather it on more than a few times a day and it will help. Another thing that works is hydrocortisone cream but you need to be careful with putting it on too much because it can thin the skin. I would say to try a combination of the above.
Hi,





Watch this video.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxLW-HKgQ鈥?/a>





It shows some young kids getting treatment for Eczema in Japan. Yes it works, I tried it with a friend in California.





You can sometimes get free alkaline and acidic water by placing a wanted add on www.craigslist.com Ask for 8.5 PH drinking water, and usually the same machine will also make the acidic water needed to treat the eczema.





Good Luck!
This may sound crazy, but go here http://www.deadseawarehouse.com I got a bar of soap from my local healthfood store for about $5-6. The kind online is larger bars is why it's more expensive. It's awesome. We aren't even using any lotion anymore. You can also get salt to put in the water. I know the website is cheesy and our healthfood store didn't even want to stock the product because of the cheap looking packaging, but that just makes the product cheaper for us.
I would probably make an appointment. However, I found with my eczema that Gold Bond ultimate healing lotion worked the best for me. I hope that helps!
me and my son have eczema, we were prescribed hydrocortizone cream and have good results.
try going with something more natural like olive oil or a calendula salve

No comments:

Post a Comment