Friday, December 25, 2009

Does it really matter if i don't have a clear vanilla extract to make butter cream icing?

I have pure vanilla extract, but not clear? Will it drastically affect the icing when I go to color it? Do I even need it? Please help. I'm making a cake for Fathers Day.


ThanksDoes it really matter if i don't have a clear vanilla extract to make butter cream icing?
The pure vanilla extract will be fine. Many use the clear just to make their white icing, well, white. Since you plan on coloring the icing, I agree with the others that have answered the question before me; the vanilla extract you have will not effect the icing in the end product.Does it really matter if i don't have a clear vanilla extract to make butter cream icing?
It doesn't matter if it's clear or not if you are going to tint the icing. You really should use it though, because the icing will just taste like sugar and butter.The vanilla gives the icing the flavor.Depending on the Type of coloring you use, paste or liquid,the color of your icing won't be affected very much.I have both kinds on hand for baking. Clear for white icing and ';brown'; for most other things.( I bake a lot so I need both all the time)
No it doesn't matter what color the vanilla is. The clear just keeps the icing pure white. Vanilla will make it a shade darker but really it doesn't make a difference, especially if you're dying the icing. The vanilla is very important to the icing.
It will be fine, especially since you are going to color the icing. Do use it, your icing will be very bland.
it will not matter, you are going to tint the icing anyway, go for it!
You don't need it for the icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment