Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Should I ask my dermatologist for RetinaA cream or Accutane for A LOT of ACNE SCARS and MILD ACNE?

Which one would probably be better for me? Anyone have any stories to share about using either of these?





Thanks in advance.Should I ask my dermatologist for RetinaA cream or Accutane for A LOT of ACNE SCARS and MILD ACNE?
accutane will not help with scars. It is for helping our acne problems go away. those will only go away with time or if you opt to do something like laser treatment. Be very careful with accutane. I was on the product 5 years ago. And while it did help for awihle, my acne is now back, and it is a very harsh product for about 6 months that I was on it. I had the absolute worst dry chapped/cracked lips, and extremely dry skin. The product also raises your cholesterol and if you are sexually active, you must use two forms of protection as you could seriously damage a baby if you become pregnant.Should I ask my dermatologist for RetinaA cream or Accutane for A LOT of ACNE SCARS and MILD ACNE?
Going to a dermatologist will only get you hooked on prescriptions solutions. My sister goes to one all the time to get prescriptions because if you stops using them, the break-outs return. (she won't listen to me!) I used accutane %26amp; it worked for a couple of years, then all the acne returned. I decided to go to aesthetics school to learn how to solve the problem. I learned many things that work and continue to work. One of them is high frequency treatments. This is also called arcing. It is where an electrical impulse goes deep into the pore and kills the bacteria that causes the acne. Since I did the h.f. treatments, I RARELY get a pimple %26amp; if I do, it is just oil built up w/ out an infection in it. Also, using a skin care product with aphahydroxies or salicilic acid can help greatly too. Keeping your skin well exfoliated (this is what these ingredients do) helps solve the problem. One fantastic line of products that WILL resolve the skin problems is MURAD. I use these products with my clients and everyone loves them. This is my suggestion for you: try Murad's line for acne for about 8 weeks and see if you can tell a difference. It is a little pricey but no more than what you would spend on prescriptions for 2 months. You can also work with an aesthetician and get a few facials to help get your skin under control. As for the scars, with time, they will fade. Just be patient and find a good concealer. :) If Murad doesn't help then go to a dermatologist to see what they suggest. If you have any questions you can contact me. Just be gentle w/ anything you use on your skin and follow instructions.


Good luck!
well I don't know if this will help you but I have mild acne and at night I use alovera gel and sometimes Hydrocortisone cream. I don't know if you could use that because of anything else you're using right now, but that helps me.
Accutane is not recommended for mild acne and can actually worsen existing scars. I'd ask for Retin A for the scars and benzoyl peroxide for the mild acne. You should not use these two together, so you'd use the BP in the morning and Retin A in the evenings. You may also want to ask about going on a course of antibiotics such as Minocin. Diane 35 or Yasmin (contraceptives) are another option.





Good luck : )
accutane
I used Ambi fading cream for acne scars and i had good results but i didn't like the lightening my face.I am black. If you are worried about the lightening of the skin after using these acne creams containing hydroquinone,then do spot treatment.Apply the cream at the blemished spots only.Don't be aggressive.


I'm not done with the scar completely because i can't keep off squeezing them; i hate the swellings.Some of these acne products can make your skin age faster.Watch out for the approved level of hydroquinone 2%.

No comments:

Post a Comment