Monday, December 21, 2009

Why does my sour cream get that clear liquid on top after I open it and put it back in the fridge?

And what should I do with it, drain it off or stir it back in?Why does my sour cream get that clear liquid on top after I open it and put it back in the fridge?
That is just water. That is all. Just stir it back into the cream or just drain it. It doesn't matter. Draining it will make the cream a little thicker and stirring it in will keep it a bit smoother. I hope this helps.Why does my sour cream get that clear liquid on top after I open it and put it back in the fridge?
it's just that, water separation, you can do either, I think mixing it back in is better.
That's whey --





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whey





-- stir it back in if you want, well, whey, or drain it off if you like your sour cream as thick as possible.
That's just water. Pour it er stir it.
That just happened to me a couple nights ago when I made my dip.......I stir it in....yogurt does it to. Just do as Bob Marley would and ';Stir it up';. LOL!
that is just the water on top
****
as long as it's not expired, i just stir it
It is the water seperating. If you don't want that happen you need to ';smooth'; the top of it out evenly. :)
it is just from where it has been sitting. as long as it is still in date, you can just stir it up and it will be ok
maybe just dump it out
It's just the water separating from the rest of it. If it's not expired just give it a stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment