Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My hubby has a skin problem has seen 2 Dermatologist's had lots of creams and shampoo's but still no better .?

He also has red itchy eyes,he had his prostrate removed 5 Yrs ago due to cancer wondered if there was any connection there,he also gets red blotches on his face and spots on upper body,anyone got any idea what this could beMy hubby has a skin problem has seen 2 Dermatologist's had lots of creams and shampoo's but still no better .?
It shouldn't be any connection to the prostate removal.


Sounds a bit like an allergic reaction to something, often exacerbated by stress.


There are anti allergy eye drops available from pharmacies, also has he (he must have!) tried antihistamine tablets? Again available from pharmacies.My hubby has a skin problem has seen 2 Dermatologist's had lots of creams and shampoo's but still no better .?
Wow- um.... I can only offer what I do know from my Mom being sick. My mother had Lupus and the chemo for that compromises your immune system (Imuran). It was not until they shut down her immune system that she developed a spotty rash- that just got worse and worse over the years. The doctor she had kept telling her it was Lupus Lesions, but after I researched it and got another doc to diagnose it- I was right it was Shingles. It is a dormant form of the chicken pox, that is often times only brought out when the immune system cannot keep it in check any longer. SO- don't quote me on it... but if he had chemo for the cancer it could be Shingles.
Sounds like a form of psoriasis, it sounds uncomfortable. Have you ever noticed Dermatologists don't seem to lose patients. The skin being the largest organ, it is very hard to fix. I suffer from great itchiness if I don't take antihistamines, and I often comment that my epitaph will read, ';The itch got the better of her'; lol

No comments:

Post a Comment